Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Senior Journal

I'm looking for a poem in my old journals and got a bit distracted by reading them today. I am SO funny! :-) Okay, maybe I should say I was so funny when I was in high school.

My favorite entry so far:

April 16, 2003 (I was a senior in high school)

We had a senior meeting yesterday. It was so funny! Mrs. Strack (our principal that we never, ever see) was actually at one of our meetings. She told us that walking in graduation was a privilege based on conduct as well as grades. So, if we (her exact example) planted a tree in the middle of the football field and then smoked dope under it, we would not be allowed to walk and not only that, if we were 18, we would probably serve time in jail. We all laughed at her because the example was stupid and funny and she told us that she worried that we weren't taking her seriously (ha ha!). That made us laugh at her even more (but not until after the meeting). Then Mr. Patterson (assistant principal) told us there's no such thing as senior ditch day. We all laughed at him too! It's May 2nd.

I'm not sure why this struck me so funny, but it really did! I would have just read it to Wil, but he's at school tonight so I thought I would post it here instead. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

that was funny!

Team Skousen said...

HAHAh it's funny because I can hear them saying that. hahahaha...goodtimes!