Monday, February 16, 2009

All Stars


The NBA All Star game was in Phoenix this year. I was lucky enough to win tickets from work, so Wil and I got to attend the NBA All Star game last night! It was the COOLEST thing - how many people can say they've been to an All Star game???


The West won 146-119. At the end, they even played around a bit more - for the last 90 seconds, we got to watch the players go back and forth slam dunking the basketball, unopposed. How embarrassing for the player who tried to slam dunk the ball and missed - the ball went flying in the other direction!


The weird part about this game was not being as invested in one of the teams. We cheered for the West, but there wasn't an emotional tie, like you have to one of your home sports teams. It was kind of fun this way because we were able to spend more time laughing at the mascots and people watching. The Miami Heat mascot was my favorite - he was a big, orange thing and he was hysterical! If you look at the above photo closely - you can even see the Phoenix Suns Gorilla mid flying dunk.


We had a blast! There were a ton of stars in the audience, that we got to see on the jumbo-tron (strangely enough, there weren't any stars sitting by us in section 226). I'm trying to figure out how to use our printer/scanner/copier to scan in our tickets...I think they're really cool looking...but, for some reason I can't figure it out. I will have to post a picture of our tickets another day.

2 comments:

Jaelynn said...

I like the picture of the two of you at the end. I'm jealous! It must have been so much fun.

Alison said...

If you get a real fancy schmancy camera you can take pictures of your tickets... so cool.

Am soo jealous about the tickets... but am so glad that you had fun!