Sunday, February 8, 2009

Head Over Heels

My most embarrassing moment of the zoo trip, and quite possibly of the past three years, came when we were looking these guys...I can't remember what they were called, but to me they looked like overgrown anteaters.


There were two fences around the viewing area for these creatures. Both were made of wooden logs with slanted edges and were a few feet apart. The one closest to the animals was a bit taller than the one closest to us. This funny looking animal was standing close to the fence and I was trying to take his picture - again, because I thought this was about the weirdest looking animal I had ever seen.


Unfortunately, as I was leaning against the fence that hit just above my knees, I lost my balance and tumbled head first over the first fence into the gutter area between the fences. I was MORTIFIED! I always think the people on the news who get injured at zoos because they jumped or fell into the animal cage are idiots...but alas, I have seen the error of my ways and will try really hard not to make fun of those people as much.

At the time, I was so embarrassed, I didn't realize it hurt - my legs were resting against the pointy end of the log so when I fell, I scraped up my thighs...luckily my pants didn't rip. My thighs are nicely scraped and bruised, to the point that it hurts too bad to cross my legs. Unfortunately, I have a short memory...so I keep trying to cross my legs and then saying, ow...OW!

3 comments:

the Danosaur said...

Oh, how I wish you'd gotten a picture of that.

Anonymous said...

Tapir :) And they're very sweet.

Angela said...

hahaha, I am so glad that you are my friend. Seriously. You're the best and I love you. :)