Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Are You Ready for Some Football?

We invited ourselves over to my Grandma's house to watch the Cardinal's very first Super Bowl. Wil's brother-in-law barbecued and we all had a great time! I was in charge of dessert, so I put my cake decorating skills to work.


Feel free to ooh and ahh over my cake...I have to admit, I was pretty impressed with it myself! I also made square cupcakes that spelled out GO CARDINALS! I thought the girls could eat the cupcakes - I was worried there would not be enough of this cake for everyone, but they refused. Whenever I would offer a cupcake, I would hear, "I want Cardinal's Cake." I even tried telling them that the letter on the cupcake was for their name...nope, not good enough!

Adaly, Xujey and Lyzette with Tito

It was a great game. I was holding Junior, our youngest nephew, in the back of the room and I had to keep reminding myself jumping up and down was not an option while holding a baby. It was fun to watch everyone else jump up and down and scream as we scored that last touch down!!! We thought we had sealed the game with that catch...but alas, it was not to be. The Steelers won their sixth Super Bowl (a record for the most Super Bowls by one franchise) 27 to 23.

I love all the Cardinals Red!!!

3 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so impressed with your cake! You go!!

And square cupcakes... how cool!!!

Nikki said...

I felt too guilty to cut into your perfect cake... I ate a cupcake on my way out the door and it was delicious!
Thanks
Did you taste my ice? it was perfect if I don't say so myself!

Deidre said...

You are going to make a cake next time I happen to need one and I'm in AZ right?