Sunday, March 29, 2009

Call Me Butter Baby, Cause I'm on a Roll!

I made homemade bread this morning.

***Editor's note: Before you start thinking that this was an act of domestication, please note it was actually an act of desperation. We have been out of bread all weekend and I didn't make it to the store yesterday. We're out of eggs too, so the menu for today was cereal, again, and I really could not take cereal for breakfast and lunch. We had the ingredients for quick bread in the bread maker...all I had to do was pour in the water, salt, sugar, flour and yeast and wait for the machine to beep saying it was done...like I said, not domestic at all, just desperate because I didn't go grocery shopping this weekend.

It tasted great, but was a bit dry so we got out a brand new stick of butter (we're all out of the tub kind for bread, like I mentioned before, I really need to go grocery shopping). We had warm bread with butter and honey on it, and it was delicious! Then we got ready for church...only while I was brushing my teeth and Wil was showering, Elvis was up to no good. I walked out of our bedroom to find him with the entire stick of butter - wrapper and all sticking out of both sides of his mouth! EWW! I scolded and said NO and tried to forcefully remove the stick of butter from his mouth, but somehow he managed to get a better grasp of it each time I tried to pry his jaws apart. I drug him over to where Wil was getting ready and asked him to get the stick of butter out of HIS dog's mouth. Nope...too late. Elvis swallowed the entire stick of butter - wrapper and all. Also, the last bit of our bread is missing (I can only assume it has taken up residence in Elvis's stomach).

Once he got outside to where his water dish is, he drank and drank and drank and drank. Yep, I would be thirsty too if I had just eaten a big chunk of break and topped it off with an entire stick of butter! GROSS!

1 comment:

Alison said...

It's Kendall's fault.

Sorry.