Before the dolphin show started, the dolphin show guy came out and asked for two adult volunteers to be in the show and meet the dolphins. ME, ME, PICK ME!!!
He picked me! He told the other volunteer and me that we had to do karaoke, dance and get wet in exchange for our chance to meet the dolphin. That doesn't sound too bad, I thought - I couldn't wait to meet a dolphin!
First, I sang Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts, and then the dolphins sang. Next, I danced in circles, forward and back while the dolphins danced in circles, forward and back. Then, I shook my bum and the dolphin shook his bum...see...
Then it was time to get wet, and by wet, I mean WET! The trainer told me to brace myself because there would be a lot of water coming at me. The other volunteer got wet first, but it didn't look too bad. I can handle that, I thought. Then, the dolphins spit at me - how cool, kind of, that I got spit at by a dolphin! How funny, I thought. They're going to get the guy volunteer all wet and then just barely get the girl wet. That's great! Yeah, not so much!
After spitting on me, the dolphins did this...
TWICE!
That's a LOT of water! My whole self was wet! Finally, after being drenched, I got to meet the dolphins and pet their tails.
Look at the unnatural shine of my jeans - that's definitely all water. About 30 minute after the dolphin show, we sat down and Wil rung out my socks for me. Look at all the water from just my socks!
I wished he could have rung out my pants, but that might have been a bit awkward for the people walking by. After several hours, I finally changed out of my tank top and long sleeved shirt (neither of which had dried yet) into Wil's light jacket. It was not the most fashionable look, but at least it was a bit more dry! I was still wet when we got back to the hotel five hours later...but, it was TOTALLY worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment