The elephant show was one of my favorite parts of the day! Look how close we were and I didn't even use the zoom on the camera!!!
I didn't realize their trunks stretched quite so far!
Her name was Tava, and she even did tricks for us! How cool is this elephant?!?
At the end, they even let us pet the elephant!!! Have you ever pet an elephant? It was the COOLEST!!! Although, our hands smelled like butt after we pet her...Eww, GROSS!
In addition to the elephant show, they had a sea lion show, dolphin show, bird show, tiger show and killer whale show.
We missed the Walrus show, but went and saw the Walrus later in the day. He was the COOLEST walrus I have ever met...ok, maybe he's the only Walrus I have ever met, but I never knew walruses were SO COOL (have you noticed yet that cool is the word of the day)!!!
He was super friendly and would swim up to the glass to look at you. He kept making this happy clacking sound (I assume it was a happy sound) with his mouth and he even had taught himself how to clap. If you stood in front of the glass and clapped while he looked at you, he would start clapping his front to flippers together. It was SO cute!
I look like a total dork in this picture, but it's a cool picture of the walrus, so I'm posting it anyway. In fact, it almost looks like we're making the same face! :)
2 comments:
Okay, I totally want to pet an elephant now! I love elephants! You guys are so lucky!
Two things...
1) that is a cute picture of you and the walrus... I like it!
2) interesting analogy about the elephant smell...
Post a Comment