Since we got married, laundry has become one of my very LEAST favorite chores! It's taken me forever to come up with a system for doing the laundry that works for me and that allows us to have clean clothes for work (what would work best for me would be not to do the laundry, but I've tried that and it does not allow us to have clean clothes for work!).
While Wil's at school on Saturday mornings, I'm generally able to get all or almost all of the laundry done. It's great, just a couple hours and its done and I finish all my other chores while I'm waiting. And then, he can help me fold when he gets home. This is a great system for me. In fact, it's made doing laundry tolerable...I might even go so far as to say it's made doing laundry not that bad! However, we went on vacation last weekend...so this is the pile I've been left with today. Please keep in mind that this is after one load has already been placed in the washer and does not include the sheets that I desperately need to wash because I wasn't home last weekend to wash them. URGH! I HATE laundry, today!
Also, before you comment, I do realize that laundry must be MUCH worse with children. I can only imagine how much I will hate it at that point in my life!
3 comments:
my comment would be - I love laundry. I hate doing dishes and mopping floors - so I do those as little as possible, but I do love laundry. In ten years... you will understand the envy and the incredible fascination with Jodi's machines...
...
Nicole,you are welcome to come do my laundry for me anytime!
Post a Comment