Monday, March 30, 2009

He Said...She Said

Last night, Wil and I each had a nightmare, simultaneously...

Here are our accounts:

He Said:

Let me just say that I have a history of very vivid dreams. One example is when I was driving to Utah with my mom and older sister and my two nieces. I was asleep in the passenger seat while my mom was driving and my sister and the girls slept in the back seat. It was about five in the morning. My mom was on the phone talking to my dad back home. When I awoke screaming and tried to grab the steering wheel. I was dreaming that we were on that same trip but my mom had fallen asleep at the wheel and we were running off the road. All my mom could do is drop the phone, scream, and hold on to the wheel as hard as she could long enough to realize I was having a nightmare. At the same time my dad is freaking out on the phone not knowing what is going on. It's not something I'm proud of.

That being said:

There I was on our bed sound asleep, when I saw a huge scary looking robotic bug crawling on Jessica's hair. It looked pretty dangerous and I could see that it was nothing but trouble so I tried to swat it away from her hair. That's about the time Jessica woke up. Let me remind you that I was still half asleep and in life saving mode. Her moving around could only make it worse. So I tried to kill the bug before it stung her. That's when I realized there was a bug on me too and that's when I shifted into Kung Fu mode.

We had gone to bed at nine since my starting time at work had shifted to 5a.m. Let me just say I wasn't too excited about that but was excited about getting off at 1. By the time I realized it was all just a dream I looked at my phone and saw that it was only a little after ten. I was so mad that we had only been asleep an hour and that I was going to have to prepare myself for a really long sleepness night.

She Said:

I was asleep in my bed, minding my own business and dreaming away. I barely remember the dream. I have no idea what it was about; I just know how it ended. I was dreaming that I was in my bed and wild animals (deer, raccoons, etc.) were jumping up onto our bed, landing on me and jumping off of me to wherever they were going. I was freaked out - wouldn't you be freaked out, if wild animals were jumping on you in your bed? There was much screaming and thrashing about because I could literally feel them touching me.

At some point I woke up to Wil yelling, it's just me...it's ok, it's me...at least I think that's what he was yelling. It was hard to tell with all the thrashing about because the animals were jumping on me (actually Wil was just swatting me because apparently in his nightmare there were bugs crawling on me). I was actually shaking when I woke up I was so scared.

It felt like the middle of the night when we woke up, turns out it was only 10 (we went to bed early last night). Wil said he didn't know if he'd be able to fall back to sleep. HA! He was asleep and snoring happily in no time. I on the other hand was awake for quite a while listening to him snore and cursing him for falling asleep so easily and leaving me awake!

2 comments:

Alison said...

HILARIOUS!!! I laughed outloud!!

When we were newly married, we had co-dreams like this a couple of times. Nothing as dramatic, but still interesting.

the Danosaur said...

This is just as funny the second time!