Friday, March 20, 2009

Vegetarian Vampire Cookies

Twilight comes out at midnight tonight on DVD at Walmart. Although I love the books and saw the movie on opening weekend, the DVD release is not generally something that would excite me - I mean, it's not The Office. However, Walmart has been doing huge promotions for it, so welcome to my life for the last two weeks.

This morning, we had our first Twilight segment on Channel 15's Sonoran Living. An associate and her daughter were our spokespeople and she seemed so nervous before she did her segment that my stomach was actually tying in knots for her. Once the host started asking her questions, however, she did GREAT! I was like a proud mom backstage grinning from ear to ear.

The segment was based on ideas for viewing parties because Walmart did some research and found that many teenage girls and their moms were planning Twilight viewing parties once the DVD came out. One of our ideas was to make cookies in the shapes of animals - the good vampires in Twilight drink the blood of animals so they will not harm humans. They call themselves vegetarians, because they don't eat humans like other vampires. I made and decorated the cookies myself. I think they're cute - so here they are...


Please hold your applause until after the acceptance speech...I would like to thank Aunt Jody for letting me borrow the cookie cutters (she has the most amazing supply of cookie cutters I think I have ever seen) and my cake decorating class teacher for teaching me techniques that I applied to these cookies...but mostly I would like to thank my husband for not leaving me and going to bed while I was decorating cookies at 10:30 last night...I can't tell you how much I appreciated that!


Our other party ideas included:
  • blood red punch
  • spaghetti with blood red sauce
  • apples - they're on the cover of the book
  • vegetable platter - because the vampires are vegetarians
  • Twilight trivia
  • t-shirts, jewelry, tote bags and posters that are all sold at Walmart
Now, I am off to the store at the US 60 and Signal Butte to make sure their release party goes smoothly and to snap some photos. Then, tomorrow I will attend a Channel 12 segment at 7:45 a.m. - look for my famous cookies, if you're awake that early and in Phoenix. And then, I will be pretty much done with Twilight, except for any follow up pitching we need to do.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

The bunnies are my favorite!

Alison said...

great job with the cookies.

great job with the promotion.

and great job to the great husband who stood by your side.